Accidents happen, and when it comes to your pet, those accidents can occur on your hardwood floor. If your pet has left a mess behind, you want to know how to get dog pee out of hardwood floors. It is possible to remove the stain and odor without too much hassle.
What You Need
The first thing you will need is some paper towels or a cloth. You will also need white vinegar, baking soda, hydrogen peroxide, and a dish detergent. You may also want to have a wet vacuum or a mop and bucket.
Steps To Follow
Follow these steps to remove the dog pee stain and odor from your hardwood floor:
- Blot the area with paper towels or a cloth to absorb as much of the urine as possible.
- Mix 1/4 cup white vinegar, 1/4 cup hydrogen peroxide, 1 teaspoon of baking soda, and 1 teaspoon of dish detergent in a spray bottle.
- Spray the mixture on the affected area and let it sit for 15 minutes.
- Blot the area with paper towels or a cloth to absorb the mixture and the remaining urine.
- If necessary, repeat steps 2 and 3.
- Once the stain and odor are gone, use a wet vacuum or a mop and bucket to clean the area.
Preventing Future Accidents
Now that you know how to get dog pee out of hardwood floors, it is important to take steps to prevent future accidents. You can train your pet to use a designated area for relieving itself and make sure to clean up any messes immediately. It is also a good idea to provide your pet with plenty of water to help prevent accidents.
Keep Your Hardwood Floors Clean
Now that you know how to get dog pee out of hardwood floors, you can keep your floors clean and free from odor and stains. Regularly vacuum and mop your floors and use a mild cleaner if necessary. Taking these steps will help maintain the look and longevity of your hardwood floors.
Seek Professional Help
If the stain and odor still remain after you have followed the steps above, it may be time to call in a professional. A professional cleaner can use special cleaning solutions and equipment to remove the stain and odor and get your floors looking like new.